Old 04-18-2004, 05:36 PM   #1
dbzguy

Talking server software help

We have aquired our first server (IBM xseries Eserver 220) the os is redhat 9 and we want MySQL, php, perl/cgi, asp, webmail, and possibly dns. We want this all to run on the same server because this the only one we can afford.
dbzguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 05:51 AM   #2
ST_Admin
Administrator

Default Re: server software help

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbzguy
We have aquired our first server (IBM xseries Eserver 220) the os is redhat 9 and we want MySQL, php, perl/cgi, asp, webmail, and possibly dns. We want this all to run on the same server because this the only one we can afford.
So what exactly do you need help with

Last edited by ST_Admin; 10-19-2004 at 10:25 AM..
ST_Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 02:16 AM   #3
root

If you want to use ASP on a linux machine then you'll have to have a look at Chillisoft. The cost of this is roughly equal to the cost of the W2k server license though!!!

You should search for the rpm (rehat packet manager) files and install them, I think that PHP is distributed on the redhat install CD's.

You may also be advised that redhat no longer officially support redhat 9, and hence you may be well adviced to look at upgrading to either Enterprise Linux or the free fedora project.
root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 07:36 AM   #4
dbzguy

yea, i have fedora core 2 on my server right now and it is fully functional, but i still need asp, i looked at the Sun Java Active Server Pages that suppports ASP 3.0 VBScript JScript and Java but whn i click purchase it asks if i want to install it on redhat enterprise windows nt/2000 or solaris. bo i was wondering if it would work on fedora core 2.

Last edited by dbzguy; 09-22-2004 at 07:42 AM..
dbzguy is offline   Reply With Quote